Application Engineer - Power Supplies and Battery Systems (Northvale, NJ)
Location:Northvale, NJ 07647
GlobTek, Inc., provider of world-class power solutions, seeks an Electrical Engineer for our Sales team working with innovative solutions for power supplies, battery systems, battery chargers, and power cables.
This position will perform application engineering and customer support of power supplies, battery systems, battery chargers, and power cables to OEM customers.
- Correspond with customers and the sales organization through verbal and written communication in response to customer requests for product use information including: specifications, capabilities, compatibility, interface and general technology.
- Determine customer requirements making cost-effective, innovative recommendations in the selection and application of GlobTek products.
- Develop and provide formal quotations to worldwide customer base and sales reps.
- Provide technical documentation for standard and customized power solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems, complaints, questions.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent knowledge, training and experience.
- Minimum three to five years experience in sales focused engineering
- Must have foundational knowledge of Power Supplies
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in technical and sales related environments.
- Must have professional presence on the telephone and in writing
- Creative problem solving/trouble shooting skills in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- German, French language skill is a big plus
PC Application Skills:
- Comfortable with most applications of the following: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Outlook
For more information about GlobTek, Inc., please visit www.globtek.com. Please forward your resume in PDF format to the address provided above or online at http://en.globtek.com/career-opportunities.php. Thank you for your interest in GlobTek, Inc. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit programs, including medical, dental and a 401(k) plan.
GlobTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer
IT Network / Computer Systems Administrator (Part Time) (Northvale, NJ)
GlobTek is a global leader in the design and manufacture of a Power Supplies established in 1984. GlobTek is an innovative, quality oriented team dedicated to the complete satisfaction of worldwide customers. Our continued success and growth has produced a need for the following position in our Northvale NJ location.
Electronic Manufacturer is seeking an IT Network / Computer Systems Administrator. We are looking for an individual with strong organizational skills who can work through tough situations and solve challenging problems. Job candidates must be energetic and focused, with a strong desire to learn new technologies. Minimum 2-3 years of experience is required.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the company’s networks including the organization, installation, and support of the company’s computer systems, local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets, and other communication and telecommunication systems. Other responsibilities include the management of the company’s servers, desktops and mobile equipment and ensuring that email and data storage networks work properly. This position also responsible for troubleshooting issues and provide guidance to the end user with their hardware and software issues. We are seeking an individual to work part-time in our New Jersey office as an IT Network/Computer Systems Administrator. This position requires someone with 2+ years of experience. The qualified candidate should have good technical troubleshooting skills and excellent non-technical communication skills, both in written and oral formats.
- Assist in overseeing the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects;
- Evaluate, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot Microsoft Server operating systems, Active Directory, and group policies;
- Evaluate, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot physical network; including firewalls, routers, switches, wireless backhaul equipment, and wireless access points;
- Design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot Virtual Private Networks;
- Design, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot company backup solutions and business continuity plan;
- Configure, install, and support desktop computers, laptop computers, handheld devices, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other general peripherals;
- Evaluate network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency;
- Connect and configure devices to use computer networks;
- Maintain company’s firewalls including intrusion and virus protection software/hardware;
- Diagnose hardware and software failures ;
- Provide software support for users, including basic to advanced software operations and general use of computers and peripherals;
- Install, configure, and provide support for operation of company software;
- Support desktop maintenance, including inventory and software distribution, and security maintenance, including virus updates and patch management;
- Provide virtual assistance sessions for Remote Users;
- Provide technical support for meetings by responding to meeting requests and providing audio/visual support during meetings and conferences including audio recording, broadcasting, camera operation, bridge lines, projectors, etc.;
- Track and update the movement of all IT assets (laptops, desktops, printers, software licenses, etc.) ;
- Re-image desktops and laptops, as needed, and deploy new equipment to end users;
- Perform advanced diagnostics, analysis, repairs, or replacement hardware for PC's, laptops, and printers;
- Follow set policies and procedures when assisting clients to ensure proper handling of requests;
- Performing analysis, diagnosis and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems for a variety of end users;
- Research and evaluate new technologies related to computer networking, and keep current regarding new hardware/software products for system enhancements;
- Research and recommend hardware and software needs and purchases;
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance providing excellent customer service at all times, to include maintaining a good work ethic and assisting other analysts when needed;
- Support continuous improvement in the process and quality of the operations;
- Handle multiple projects and prioritize accordingly;
- Build effective working relationships with team members;
- Develop end-user documentation and instructions;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines as needed;
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Engineering or other related areas, or equivalent, is required;
- 2+ years as Network/Information Systems Administrator or comparable role;
- Must be self-motivated and adaptable to learn and understand new technologies;
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines;
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making capabilities;
- Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Must be flexible to change and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefit programs, including medical, dental and a 401(k) plan. For more information on GlobTek, please review our home page at: www.globtek.com
GlobTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer