- Hi-Pot Test
- High Potential Test. A test to determine of the breakdown voltage of a transformer or power supply exceeds the minimum requirement. It is performed by applying a high voltage between the two isolated test points.
- The specified reduction in an operating parameter to improve reliability. Generally for power supplies, it is the reduction in output power at elevated temperatures.
- Material used to prevent two points in an electrical circuit from becoming conductively connected. Sometimes called a dielectric barrier.
- Dielectric Withstand Voltage
- Maximum voltage an insulating material can withstand before breaking down(suffering punch through or arcing).
- Differential Mode Noise
- Noise component measured between two points with respect to a common point (minus common mode noise).
- Change in the output voltage of a converter over a specified period of time. All other operating parameters(load, line, etc.) are assumed to be held constant. Often specified as starting after a warmup period.
- Dynamic Load
- Output load that changes rapidly. Normally specified as both a load change value and a rate of change.
- Dynamic Response
- Output overshoot that occurs when the converter output load is turned on/off or abruptly changed. This overshoot gives the high frequency output impedance of the converter.
comments powered by Disqus
Absolute Maximum Ratings Adaptor Aging Ambient Temperature Auto-Parallel or automatic parallel Auto-Series or automatic series operation Base Plate Temperature Basic Insulation Battery Backup Breakdown Voltage Burn-in CB-Scheme CFM Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Case Case Temperature Common Common Mode Noise Conducted EMI Conduction Cooled Constant Current Power Supply Constant Voltage Power Supply Constant Voltage/Constant Current (CV/CC) with automatic crossover Constant Voltage/Current Limiting (CV/CL) with automatic crossover Convection Cooled Cross Regulation Crowbar Current Limit Knee Current Limiting Derating Dielectric Dielectric Withstand Voltage Differential Mode Noise Drift Dynamic Load Dynamic Response EMI Filter Efficiency Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Electrostatic Shield Enclosure Equivalent Series Inductance(ESL) Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) Failure Mode Faraday Shield Fault Mode Current Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Floating Output Foldback Current Limiting Forced Air Cooling Free Convection Front End Full Load Ground Ground Loop Heat Sink Hi-Pot Test High Line Hold-Up Time Hot Plug-In Input Current Input Line Filter Input Surge Current Input Transient Input Voltage Range Inrush Current Inrush Current Limiting Insulation Insulation Resistance Internal Power Dissipation International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Isolation Isolation Voltage Leakage Current Life Test Line Regulation of a constant current power supply Line Regulation of a constant voltage power supply Linear Regulation Load Load Decoupling Load Regulation of a Constant Current Power Supply Load Regulation of a Constant Voltage Power Supply Local Sensing Logic Inhibit/Enable Long Term Stability Low Line Master/Slave Operation Maximum Load Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) Minimum Load Minimum Operating Temperature N+1 Redundancy No Load Voltage Noise Nominal Value OTP: Over Temperature Protection Open Frame Open-Circuit Voltage Operating Temperature Range Output Current Limiting Output Impedence of a power supply Output Voltage Output Voltage Accuracy Output Voltage Range Overload Protection Overshoot Overvoltage Protection (OVP) Parallel Operation Periodic and Random Deviation (PARD) Pi Filter Polarity Post Regulation Power Density Power Factor Correction (PFC) Power Good Power Rating Pre-Regulation Primary Circuit Programmable Power Supply Radiated EMI Rated Output Current Redundant Operation Reference Reflected Ripple Current Regulation Remote Error Sensing or Remote Sensing Remote Programming Remote Programming Speed Remote Shutdown Resolution Return Reverse Voltage Protection Ripple and Noise SMBus Secondary Circuit Sense Line Series Operation Series Regulator Short Circuit Protection Shunt Regulator Six-Sided Shielding Soft Start Split Bobbin Winding Stability Standby Current Step Change Storage Temperature Range Technischer Uberwachungs-Verein (TUV) Temperature Coefficient Temperature Range Thermal Conductivity Thermal Gasket Thermal Joint Compound Thermal Protection Thermal Resistance Thermal Resistivity Thermal Shutdown Three-Terminal Regulator Topology Tracking Transient Transient Recovery Time Under Voltage Lock Out (UVLO) Undershoot Underwriters Laboratories (UL) UninterruptiblePower Supply (UPS) Verband Deutsher Elektrotechniker (VDE) Voltage Balance Warmup Drift Warmup Time Withstand Voltage