Shipping Clerk (Northvale, NJ)
Shipping Clerk Job Purpose
Works effectively and efficiently in a dispatch and warehouse environment to receive and schedule shipping and freight operations, including developing a working knowledge of warehouse organization and creating proper and detailed shipping documentation. Works with shipping and warehouse team to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Efficiently works within a busy shipping department.
- Packs and unpacks orders while maintaining busy department schedule.
- Effectively uses organization systems and warehouse technology to locate and gather stock
- Creates shipping labels and documents using FedEx, UPS, DHL etc online Systems, fill SED and SLI with Government Agencies. Create BOL for Freight shipments.
- Communicate with other departments and personnel within Organization and Outside.
- Schedule Freight pick up with Logistic Companies as well as with Freight Companies.
- Follow Customer Routing Guide with shipping instruction.
- Works well with shipping team to complete orders on time
- Previous Experience working with Hazmat, Lithium Ion Batteries.
Shipping Clerk Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience working with UPS World Ship and FedEx Ship Manger.
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Experience in a Warehouse Environment
- Strong Computer Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Previous Industry Experience