Test Engineer/Technician (Northvale, NJ)
GlobTek is looking for an Electronics Engineer to aid our growing business. The ideal candidate is a responsible individual who has experience assembling, and testing electronic equipment, and in making adjustments and repairs to equipment in a safe, efficient manner. This person should be independent, eager to learn, efficient with minimal supervision, pay close attention to details, and willing to take on challenging tasks.
- Supports new product development by assembling, modifying, and repairing electronics equipment, mainly AC/DC power supplies and battery packs.
- Supports existing products by making modifications in accordance with customer requirements.
- Runs testing according to company specifications and industry standards, utilizing test instruments such as an oscilloscope, multimeter, and spectrum analyzer.
- Interprets and understands electrical schematics and PCB drawings in order to effectively make modifications and test new ideas.
- Interprets maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment.
- Consults with engineering personnel to resolve unusual problems.
- Develops, builds, and programs functional test systems.
- 3+ years experience in an Industry, Engineering Production, or Manufacturing setting
- B.S. in engineering – BSEE is a plus
- Good handiwork skills: capable of working with small electronic components (e.g. SMD soldering), and capable of basic metalworking (e.g. basic sheet metal work.)
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office, and a familiarity with electronics design tools such as Altium, PADS, KiCAD, etc.)
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication and project management skills coupled with the ability to establish good working relationships with all employees.
- Must have the ability to work independently and take responsibility for actions
- Demonstrates initiative/self motivation.
- Possesses proven problem solving abilities and analytical skills.
- Thorough understanding of analog and digital signals
- Experience and understanding of analog power supplies
Part Time applicants Considered
We offer a competitive salary, and benefit programs, including medical, dental and a 401(k) plan.
For more information on GlobTek, please review our home page at: www.globtek.com
GlobTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer