GTM96600-60VV-P2(SR with NA Plug 2 pin) Potted/Encapsulated in plastic housing ICT / ITE / Medical Power Supply/Class 2/Household Power Supply Datasheet
|GTM96600-60VV-P2(SR with NA Plug 2 pin) Image|
|Model Number||GTM96600-60VV-P2(SR with NA Plug 2 pin)|
|Description||GTM96600-60VV-P2(SR with NA Plug 2 pin), ICT / ITE / Medical Power Supply/Class 2/Household Power Supply, 60601-1-4th Ed. , Potted/Encapsulated in plastic housing, Regulated Switchmode AC-DC Power Supply AC Adaptor, , Input Rating: 100-240V~, 50-60 Hz, North America Blades Class II, (2) Conductors, Output Rating: 60 Watts, Power rating with convection cooling (W) , 5-48V in 0.1V increments, Approvals: 230V CoC Tier 2; CB 60950; CE; China RoHS; Double Insulation; PSE; PSE; PSE; Level VI; LPS 60950; Ukraine; VCCI; WEEE; IP68; CB 60601-1; cETLus 60601-1; cETLus UL1310 (36V only); CB 62368; EAC; RoHS;|
|CE EC-Declaration for Medical||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ec_declaration?id=a0O0c00000PIA97EAH|
|CE EC-Declaration for Industrial/Commercial/ITE||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ec_declaration?id=a0O0c00000PIA97EAH|
|CE EC-Declaration for Household||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|UKCA-Declaration for Medical||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ukca_declaration?id=a0O0c00000PIA97EAH|
|UKCA-Declaration for Industrial/Commercial/ITE||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ukca_declaration?id=a0O0c00000PIA97EAH|
|UKCA-Declaration for Household||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|Morocco SDoC Declaration||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/Morocco_SDoC_Declaration?id=a0O0c00000PIA97EAH|
|Prop 65 Statement||https://en.globtek.com/prop-65-statement.pdf|
|Conflict Minerals Declaration||https://www.globtek.com/pdf/conflict-minerals.pdf|
|Type||Potted/Encapsulated in plastic housing|
|Technology||Regulated Switchmode AC-DC Power Supply AC Adaptor|
|Category||ICT / ITE / Medical Power Supply/Class 2/Household Power Supply|
|Input Voltage Range (V)||100-240V~, 50-60 Hz|
|Max Input Current (A)||1.5A|
|Max Output Power Rating (W)||60|
|Output Voltage Range (V)||5-48|
|Efficiency||USA DOE Level VI / Eco-design Directive 2009/125/EC, (EU) 2019/1782|
* (Final ordering #/Part No to be defined)
|A) ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS:|
01. Input Voltage: Specified 90-264 Vac, Nameplate rated: 100-240Vac
90-264 Vac range @ 100% of rated load current
85-264 Vac range @ 85% of rated load current
110-370 VDC range @ 100% of rated load current
02. Input Frequency: Specified 47-63 Hz, Nameplate rated 50-60Hz
03. Output Regulation: +/- 5% measured at the output connector
04. Line Voltage Regulation: +/- 0.5% typical measured at full load
05. Green Power On Indicator LED
06. Output Ripple (Vp-p): 1% or 100 mV whichever is greater, measured at 20 MHz bandwidth with 0.1 uf ceramic capacitor in parallel with a low impedance 47 uf electrolytic capacitor connected at the end of the output connector
07. Turn-ON/OFF Overshoot: 5% maximum, 1 mS typical recovery time for 40% to 70% step load
08. Turn-ON Delay: 1 second maximum @ full load, nominal line
09. Hold-Up Time: 8 mS typical @ nominal input voltage and full load
10. Inrush Current: 30A/60A maximum cold start @ 115/230Vac input
11. Efficiency: Compliant with Efficiency Level VI and CoC Tier 2 standards
12. No Load Standby Power: <0.075 W @ 230Vac for <= 49W output power rating,
<0.15W @ 230Vac for > 49W output power rating
01. Input Protection: Input line fusing and 300Vac MOV
02. Short Circuit/ Overload: Electronically Protected unit will auto recover upon removal of fault
Output Current Limit: 110% to 160% of rated output current
(upper end of current limit range is determined by normal output power rating,
not derated output power level)
03. Output Over-Voltage: 110% to 130% of nominal output voltage
01. Dielectric Withstand Voltage: 4000Vac or 5656Vdc from input to output,
On Class I models, 3000Vac or 4242Vdc from input to earth
02. Earth Leakage Current: Class I models < 300uA, N/A for Class II models
03. Touch Current: Class I models < 20uA, Class II models < 85uA, F2 Models < 20uA
04. Output Isolation Options:
a) C8 or C18 Inlet, Class II
b) C6 or C14 Inlet, Class II FE, Output Isolated from Earth contact
c) C6 or C14 Inlet, Class I, Output negative directly attached to Earth contact
05. Earth Continuity Test: < 0.1 Ohm between Earth Pin at AC input and PCB termination point (Class I models only)
06. Means of Protection: 2 x MOPP
07. Compliant Standards: See listings at end of this drawing for specifics
EN 60601-1-2, 4th edition
Emissions, per EN 55032, EN 61000-6-3, EN 61000-6-4
Conducted Emissions: Class B, FCC Part 15, Class B
Radiated Emissions: Class B, FCC Part 15, Class B
Line Frequency Harmonics EN61000-3-2, Class A
Voltage Fluctuations/Flicker EN61000-3-3
Immunity, per EN 55024, EN 61000-6-1, EN 61000-6-2
Static Discharge Immunity EN61000-4-2, 10kV Contact Discharge, 20kV air discharge
Radiated RF Immunity EN61000-4-3, 10V/m 80-1000MHz, 3V/m 1-2.7GHz, 80% 1KHz AM.
EFT/Burst Immunity EN61000-4-4, 4kV/100kHz.
Line Surge Immunity EN61000-4-5, 2kV differential, 4kV common-mode
Conducted RF Immunity EN61000-4-6, 3Vrms, 80% 1KHz AM
Power Frequency Magnetic Field Immunity EN61000-4-8, 3A/m
Voltage Dip Immunity EN61000-4-11, Criteria
01. MTBF: 1,000,000 Hours @ 40°C ambient temperature, Full Load
02. GTM96600 Family: -20°C to 40°C ambient temperature with full load
Regarding Operating Temperature,
a- See below derating table for output power capability at alternate temperature
b- Extended low end temperature range available as custom option
03. Operating Humidity: 0% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
04. Storage Temperature: -30°C to 80°C
05. Operating Altitude: 5000 Meters
06. Ingress Protection: IP40 standard, IP52 available as special option
07. ROHS: Compliant with latest regulations, see approvals section below
01. Housing: High impact plastic, 94V0 polycarbonate, non-vented
02. Markings: Label or Laser Printed
03. AC Input mechanical options: Desktop C6, C8, C14 or C18 IEC Inlet.
Hybrid option (Desktop or Changeable Blade Wall Plug-in) Class I or Class II input
G) SPECIAL OPTIONS
01. Cost reduction, removal of LED
02. Custom Cordsets, various cordage types, and connector types
03. Custom Markings
04. Short term Output Surge Capability
05. Reduced Leakage Current versions
06. Tightened output voltage tolerance
07. Reduced output ripple level
08. Reduced output power rating marking
09. High Rel PCB laminate with Plated through Holes for IPC610 Class 2 Compliance
10. Low Temperature operation, down to -40°C
11. Special Housing Colors and Cordset Colors
H) OUTPUT CONNECTORS
Several output connector options are available with various output current ratings.
GlobTek can supply 10A rated 2.1mm and 2.5mm style DC Power Jacks, to complement our
10A output rated 2.1mm and 2.5mm DC power plugs used on our output cordsets.
Please visit https://en.globtek.com/news/high-current-coaxial-barrel-plug-jacks-for-high-wattage-power-supplies for a real time product offering of mating connectors.
|Individual Box/Gift Box Size (mm)||158*78*65|
|Individual Box/Gift Box Color||White|
|Master Carton Size (mm)||490 x 410 x 300|
|Gross Weight (kg)||15.2|
|Label Width (mm)||79.5|
|Label Height (mm)||39.5|
|Description||North America Blades Class II, (2) Conductors|
Common output connector options:|
Click to add to your request.
For a comprehensive list of options, click here
Contact GlobTek for your specific requirements or custom solutions.
|Popular Products (Stock items)|
An IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade rated power supply AC adapter converts input line voltage from the wall to a lower voltage, typically DC, which is used to operate and end use piece of medical equipment. IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade power supply AC adapters are typically housed in a plastic enclosure and are available with both 2 and 3 prong input options. power supplies are also available as open frame for use inside of medical equipment. These AC to DC converters are designed in accordance with international medical standards and provide for compliance with certain aspects of them which differs from generic information and communication technology equipment power supplies.
Why is my medical grade IEC 60601-1 power supply certified to IEC 60601-1 3rd Edition while the latest standard is IEC 60601-1 4th Edition?
IEC 60601-1 has different sections in specifications for safety and EMI/EMC. The latest revision of the safety portion of IEC 60601-1 is 3rd Edition while for EMI/EMC the latest revision is 60601-1-2, 4th Ed.
What is the effective date of 60601-1-2, 4th Ed?
60601-1-2, 4th Ed. was effective on December 31, 2018.
What's the difference between an IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1 medical grade rated power supply?
IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1-2 power supplies are both AC to DC converters and may be either internal or external but are designed to different specifications to match the end system specifications. While the basic performance behaviors are similar such as input and output voltages and mechanical configurations, there are many differences as well. Some of the key differences are that medical IEC 60601 medical grade AC to DC adapters are able to withstand a higher dielectric withstand voltage and must have lower leakage current. There are many other differences and also considerations to consider depending on the end use application.
What MOOP and MOPP?
Medical devices must incorporate one or more Means of Protection (MOPs) to isolate patients and operators from the risks of electrocution. A Means of Protection (MOPs) can be safety insulation, a protective earth, a defined creepage distance, or an air gap or other protective impedance. These can be used in various combinations. IEC 60601-1 3rd edition differentiates between the risk to patients and the risk to operators. A MOP can therefore be classified as Means of Patient Protection (MOPP) or a Means of Operator Protection (MOOP). The main difference between one MOOP and one MOPP is primarily one of permissible creepage distance. Both requirements are satisfied using Basic insulation. To achieve 2 x MOPP qualification the isolation test is particularly demanding at 4000 Vac and the creepage distance of 8mm is twice that required for one MOPP.
What is a BF and CF rated an IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade rated power supply AC adapter and what is the difference?
Medical grade power supplies and AC to DC adapters are categorized into one of three applied parts types: body type (B), body floating type (BF), and cardiac floating type (CF). These applied parts require specific attributes such as isolation voltage, creepage and leakage current. Floating refers to an ungrounded power supply, Class II, that is not referenced to another output and is fully isolated. Type B refers to devices that operate within the patient's vicinity, as described in IEC 60601-1 as six feet around a patient's chair or bed and do not touch the patient electronically and are grounded. These devices include operating room lighting, hospital carts and beds, automated dispensers of medication and supplies, and diagnostic equipment like x-ray machines. Type BF devices deliver electrical energy signals to or from the patient such as electrosurgical devices, endoscopes, and electrical vital sign monitors like thermometers. Type CF devices are similar to BF, except they supply power to devices connected to the heart, such as a defibrillator, external pacemaker or intracardiac ECG electrodes and Type CF requires a higher degree of protection against electrical shock than BF types.
What is Level VI Efficiency?
The numerals I to VI are an International Efficiency Marking Protocol which allows manufacturers to designate the efficiency performance of a product. This performance is based on the measurement of the operating energy efficiency and no-load power consumption of external power supplies or AC DC adapters tested at different load levels. The no-load power consumption refers to the amount of power that an external power supply draws even when the application is turned off or disconnected.
Is Level VI Efficiency required?
Level VI efficiency is mandated in certain countries and regions for certain products or certain applications.
What is the Eco-design Directive 2009/125/EC?
The Eco-design directive put into law in Europe the latest requirements for energy efficiency and conservation for AC DC adapters and external power supplies.
How Does an AC-DC Adapter Work?
The AC to DC adapter or external power supply consists of a power supply which is enclosed in a housing similar to an AC plug, hence the term plug type, wall plug in, plug-in or plugtop power adapter. The power supply is plugged into the mains socket and the AC Voltage is then converted by the AC to DC adapter power supply into a DC voltage that is fed into the appliance via the output cable connection.