160 W, DoE Level VI & CoC Tier 2 Efficiency, Two Prong (C8) Inlet, Desktop Adapter, Ac-Dc Power Supply
|Description||160 W, DoE Level VI & CoC Tier 2 Efficiency, Two Prong (C8) Inlet, Desktop Adapter, Ac-Dc Power Supply 160 W, DoE Level VI & CoC Tier 2 Efficiency, Two Prong (C8) Inlet, Desktop Adapter, Ac-Dc Power Supply|
|CE EC-Declaration for Medical||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ec_declaration?id=a0O0c00000Old6mEAB|
|CE EC-Declaration for Industrial/Commercial/ITE||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ec_declaration?id=a0O0c00000Old6mEAB|
|CE EC-Declaration for Household||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|UKCA-Declaration for Medical||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ukca_declaration?id=a0O0c00000Old6mEAB|
|UKCA-Declaration for Industrial/Commercial/ITE||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ukca_declaration?id=a0O0c00000Old6mEAB|
|UKCA-Declaration for Household||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|Morocco SDoC Declaration||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/Morocco_SDoC_Declaration?id=a0O0c00000Old6mEAB|
|Prop 65 Statement||https://en.globtek.com/prop-65-statement.pdf|
|Conflict Minerals Declaration||https://www.globtek.com/pdf/conflict-minerals.pdf|
|Technology||Regulated Switchmode AC-DC Power Supply AC Adaptor|
|Category||Medical/ICT/ITE/Household use Power Supply|
|Input Voltage Range (V)||100-240V~, 50-60 Hz|
|Max Input Current (A)||2.2A|
|Max Output Power Rating (W)||160|
|Output Voltage Range (V)||12-36|
|Efficiency||USA DOE Level VI / Eco-design Directive 2009/125/EC, (EU) 2019/1782|
|3D File Download||https://www.globtek.com/dl/GTM961600-GTM961800-T2.igs|
|Preferred ratings shown below.|
Custom output voltages available in 0.1V increment from the minimum voltage listed to the maximum voltage listed; contact sales.
* (Final ordering #/Part No to be defined)
|A) ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS:|
01. Input Voltage: Specified 90-264 Vac, Nameplate rated: 100-240Vac
90-264Vac range @ 100% of rated load current
85-264 Vac range @ 90% of rated load current
02. Input Frequency: Specified 47-63 Hz, Nameplate rated 50/60Hz
03. Power Factor: 0.90 minimum @ 230Vac, 0.97 minimum @ 115Vac
04. Output Regulation: +/- 4% max measured at the output connector
05. Line Voltage Regulation: +/- 0.5% typical measured at full load
06. Green Power On Indicator LED
07. Output Ripple (Vp-p): 1% or 200 mV whichever is greater, measured at 20 MHz bandwidth with 0.1 uf ceramic capacitor in parallel with a low impedance 47 uF electrolytic capacitor connected at the end of the output connector at nominal line
08. Turn-ON/OFF Overshoot: 5% maximum, 1 mS typical recovery time for 25% to 50% step load
09. Turn-ON Delay: 1 second typical
10. Hold-Up Time: 20 mS minimum
11. Inrush Current: 30A maximum at 115Vac input and 60A maximum at 230Vac input
12. Switching Frequency: Varies from 25KHz to 125KHz
13. Efficiency: Compliant with DoE Efficiency Level VI standard and CoC Tier 2
14. No Load Standby Power: <0.15 W @ 230Vac
01. Input Protection: Input line fusing and 300Vac rated MOV
02. Short Circuit/ Overload: Electronically Protected unit will auto recover upon removal of fault
Output Current Limit: Current limited to less than 240W / Vnom and 18A for low voltage models
(Vnom = nominal rated output voltage)
03. Over-Temperature: Latching Electronic Overtemperature protection. Cycle AC OFF to reset.
04. Output Over-Voltage: 110% to 135% of nominal output voltage under full load condition, and less than 60V max. Latching protection, cycle AC OFF to reset.
01. Dielectric Withstand Voltage: 4000Vac or 5656Vdc from input to output,
On Class I models, 3000Vac or 4242Vdc from input to earth
02. Earth Leakage Current: Class I models < 300uA, N/A for Class II models
03. Touch Current: Class I models < 20uA, Class II models < 70uA
04. Output Isolation Options:
a) C8 or C18 Inlet, Class II
b) C6 or C14 Inlet, Class II FE, Output Isolated from Earth contact
c) C6 or C14 Inlet, Class I, Output negative directly attached to Earth contact
05. Earth Continuity Test: < 0.1 Ohm between Earth Pin at AC input and PCB termination point (Class I models only)
06. Means of Protection: 2 x MOPP
07. Primary to Secondary Bridging Capacitance: Two IEC60384-14 certified Y1 type capacitors in series
08. Compliant Standards: See listings at end of this drawing for specifics
EN 60601-1-2, 4th edition
Emissions, per EN 55032, EN 61000-6-3, EN 61000-6-4, CISPR11 and CISPR22
Conducted Emissions: Class B, FCC Part 15, Class B
Radiated Emissions: Class B, FCC Part 15, Class B
Line Frequency Harmonics EN61000-3-2, Class A
Voltage Fluctuations/Flicker EN61000-3-3
Immunity, per EN 55024, EN 61000-6-1, EN 61000-6-2
Static Discharge Immunity EN61000-4-2, 10kV Contact Discharge, 18kV air discharge
Radiated RF Immunity EN61000-4-3, 10V/m 80-2.7GHz, 80% 1KHz AM.
EFT/Burst Immunity EN61000-4-4, 4kV/100kHz.
Line Surge Immunity EN61000-4-5, 2kV differential, 4kV common-mode
Conducted RF Immunity EN61000-4-6, 3Vrms, 80% 1KHz AM
Power Frequency Magnetic Field Immunity EN61000-4-8, 3A/m
Voltage Dip Immunity EN61000-4-11, Criteria
01. MTBF: 1,000,000 Hours @ 40°C ambient temperature, Full Load
02. Operating Temperature: -10°C to 40°C ambient temperature with full load
Regarding Operating Temperature,
a- See below derating table for output power capability at alternate temperature
b- Extended low end temperature range down to -40°C available as a custom option
03. Humidity: 0% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
04. Storage Temperature: -30°C to 80°C
05. Cooling: Convection
06. ROHS: Compliant with latest regulations, see approvals section below
07. Operational Altitude: 5000M
F) DESKTOP STYLE ENCLOSURE
01. Housing: High impact plastic, 94V0 polycarbonate, non-vented
02. Size: 176.5 x 74 x 40 +/-1.0 mm
03. Markings: Label or Laser printed
04. AC Input mechanical options: Desktop C6, C8, C14 or C18 IEC Inlet.
G) SPECIAL OPTIONS
01. Custom Cordsets, various cordage types, and connector types
02. Custom Markings
03. Short term Output Surge Power Capability, for motor applications, and short term intermittent high power need applications. 300W for 1 second is available, as a special design variant.
04. Reduced Leakage Current version, medical CF leakage current compliance
05. Tightened output voltage tolerance
06. Reduced Output Ripple Level
08. Reduced output power marking/rating
09. High Rel PCB laminate with Plated through Holes for IPC610 Class 2 Compliance
10. Special Housing Colors and Cordset Colors
11. LED Lighting Applications, Class C Line Harmonics
12. Constant Current output, for Vnom to 0.75xVnom. Add “-CC” suffix to model number. Current level is custom selectable.
13. Back EMF applications, custom solutions. For unusual motor load aps and other high inductance reverse energy flow requirements
14. Improved Ingress Protection Rating
H) OUTPUT CONNECTORS
Several output connector options are available with various output current ratings.
GlobTek can supply 10A rated 2.1mm and 2.5mm style DC Power Jacks, to complement our
10A output rated 2.1mm and 2.5mm DC power plugs used on our output cordsets.
Please visit https://en.globtek.com/news/high-current-coaxial-barrel-plug-jacks-for-high-wattage-power-supplies for a real time product offering of mating connectors.
|Individual Box/Gift Box Size (mm)||Egg Crate|
|Individual Box/Gift Box Color|
|Master Carton Size (mm)||465 x 415 x 225|
|Gross Weight (kg)||16|
|Label Width (mm)||41.0|
|Label Height (mm)||71.0|
|Description||IEC 60320/C8 AC Inlet connector, Class II, Non-Earth Ground (aka "Figure-8")|
|Common output connector options:|
Click to add to your request.
For a comprehensive list of options, click here
Contact GlobTek for your specific requirements or custom solutions.
Below follows a link to the latest regulatory certifications and marks for this specific product. National standards as well as certification schemes are constantly changing and so is the set of certification marks and symbols applicable to this product. Various standards, marks and symbols, and certificates are subject to change at any time without notice.
Additional standards or unique country certifications are available upon request. Please contact Globtek to request a quotation.
|Popular Products (Stock items)|
An IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade rated power supply AC adapter converts input line voltage from the wall to a lower voltage, typically DC, which is used to operate and end use piece of medical equipment. IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade power supply AC adapters are typically housed in a plastic enclosure and are available with both 2 and 3 prong input options. power supplies are also available as open frame for use inside of medical equipment. These AC to DC converters are designed in accordance with international medical standards and provide for compliance with certain aspects of them which differs from generic information and communication technology equipment power supplies.
Why is my medical grade IEC 60601-1 power supply certified to IEC 60601-1 3rd Edition while the latest standard is IEC 60601-1 4th Edition?
IEC 60601-1 has different sections in specifications for safety and EMI/EMC. The latest revision of the safety portion of IEC 60601-1 is 3rd Edition while for EMI/EMC the latest revision is 60601-1-2, 4th Ed.
What is the effective date of 60601-1-2, 4th Ed?
60601-1-2, 4th Ed. was effective on December 31, 2018.
What's the difference between an IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1 medical grade rated power supply?
IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1-2 power supplies are both AC to DC converters and may be either internal or external but are designed to different specifications to match the end system specifications. While the basic performance behaviors are similar such as input and output voltages and mechanical configurations, there are many differences as well. Some of the key differences are that medical IEC 60601 medical grade AC to DC adapters are able to withstand a higher dielectric withstand voltage and must have lower leakage current. There are many other differences and also considerations to consider depending on the end use application.
What MOOP and MOPP?
Medical devices must incorporate one or more Means of Protection (MOPs) to isolate patients and operators from the risks of electrocution. A Means of Protection (MOPs) can be safety insulation, a protective earth, a defined creepage distance, or an air gap or other protective impedance. These can be used in various combinations. IEC 60601-1 3rd edition differentiates between the risk to patients and the risk to operators. A MOP can therefore be classified as Means of Patient Protection (MOPP) or a Means of Operator Protection (MOOP). The main difference between one MOOP and one MOPP is primarily one of permissible creepage distance. Both requirements are satisfied using Basic insulation. To achieve 2 x MOPP qualification the isolation test is particularly demanding at 4000 Vac and the creepage distance of 8mm is twice that required for one MOPP.
What is a BF and CF rated an IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade rated power supply AC adapter and what is the difference?
Medical grade power supplies and AC to DC adapters are categorized into one of three applied parts types: body type (B), body floating type (BF), and cardiac floating type (CF). These applied parts require specific attributes such as isolation voltage, creepage and leakage current. Floating refers to an ungrounded power supply, Class II, that is not referenced to another output and is fully isolated. Type B refers to devices that operate within the patient's vicinity, as described in IEC 60601-1 as six feet around a patient's chair or bed and do not touch the patient electronically and are grounded. These devices include operating room lighting, hospital carts and beds, automated dispensers of medication and supplies, and diagnostic equipment like x-ray machines. Type BF devices deliver electrical energy signals to or from the patient such as electrosurgical devices, endoscopes, and electrical vital sign monitors like thermometers. Type CF devices are similar to BF, except they supply power to devices connected to the heart, such as a defibrillator, external pacemaker or intracardiac ECG electrodes and Type CF requires a higher degree of protection against electrical shock than BF types.
Is level VI efficiency required for power over Ethernet?
According to the department of energy of the United States, An EPS may be considered a Class A EPS if it connects to the end-use application using any type of electrical connection, cable, cord, or other wiring, including both removable and hard-wired connections. An Ethernet cable would meet these criteria, so an EPS that connects to the end-use product via an Ethernet cable would still be considered a Class A EPS and would be subject to the applicable energy conservation standards if it meets the other five criteria of a Class A EPS. In general all power over ethernet power supply adapters meet all criteria and are required to be level VI efficiency.
What is a IEC 62368-1:2018 power supply?
IEC 62368-1:2018 is applicable to the safety of electrical and electronic equipment within the field of audio, video, information and communication technology, and business and office machines with a rated voltage not exceeding 600 V. This is a product safety standard that classifies energy sources, prescribes safeguards against those energy sources, and provides guidance on the application of, and requirements for, those safeguards. The prescribed safeguards are intended to reduce the likelihood of pain, injury and, in the case of fire, property damage. An IEC 62368-1 rated AC to DC converter or power supply is a power supply that has been tested to and certified to comply with the said standard.
Did IEC 62368-1 power supplies replace IEC60950-1 power supplies?
On December 20, 2020 the safety standards that historically have applied to information technology equipment and audio video equipment, IEC 60065 and IEC 60950-1,transition to IEC 62368-1. In North America ETL and UL 60950-1 certifications will continue to stay valid and may continue to be used until further notice.
What is the difference between an IEC 62368-1 and a IEC 60950-1 power supply?
While the structure and contents of the standards are very different in general most products that previously complied with IEC 60950-1 comply with the latest standard IEC 62368-1 with little or no modification.
Will my IEC60950-1 power supply remain available?
GlobTek will continue to manufacture and supply IEC 60950-1 power supplies indefinitely until further notice.
What is Level VI Efficiency?
The numerals I to VI are an International Efficiency Marking Protocol which allows manufacturers to designate the efficiency performance of a product. This performance is based on the measurement of the operating energy efficiency and no-load power consumption of external power supplies or AC DC adapters tested at different load levels. The no-load power consumption refers to the amount of power that an external power supply draws even when the application is turned off or disconnected.
Is Level VI Efficiency required?
Level VI efficiency is mandated in certain countries and regions for certain products or certain applications.
What is the Eco-design Directive 2009/125/EC?
The Eco-design directive put into law in Europe the latest requirements for energy efficiency and conservation for AC DC adapters and external power supplies.
How Does an AC-DC Adapter Work?
The AC to DC adapter or external power supply consists of a power supply which is enclosed in a housing similar to an AC plug, hence the term plug type, wall plug in, plug-in or plugtop power adapter. The power supply is plugged into the mains socket and the AC Voltage is then converted by the AC to DC adapter power supply into a DC voltage that is fed into the appliance via the output cable connection.