GTM41080-18VV-F (PCB Mounted) Open Frame/Internal Medical Power Supply Datasheet
|GTM41080-18VV-F (PCB Mounted) Image|
|Model Number||GTM41080-18VV-F (PCB Mounted)|
|Description||GTM41080-18VV-F (PCB Mounted), Medical Power Supply, 60601-1-4th Ed. , Open Frame/Internal, Regulated Switchmode AC-DC Power Supply AC Adaptor, , Input Rating: 100-240V~, 50-60 Hz, Molex 09-65-2058 5 Position Header Pin 1: Earth, Pin 2: Removed, PIN 3: Neutral, Pin 4: removed, Pin 5: Line, Output Rating: 18 Watts, Power rating with convection cooling (W) , (5-48 Class I)V in 0.1V increments, Approvals: Fuse 60335; CB EN/IEC 60335-1; CB EN/IEC 60335-1; CB 60601-1; CE; cETLus ES60601; cETLus 60601-1 3rd; China RoHS; Class I; Fuse 60335; Level V; NEMKO EN/IEC 60335-1; NOM; RoHS; S-Mark IEC/EN 60601-1; WEEE; CE; CE; CB 60601-1; CE;|
|CE EC-Declaration for Medical||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ec_declaration?id=a0Oa000000FiRstEAF|
|CE EC-Declaration for Industrial/Commercial/ITE||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|CE EC-Declaration for Household||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|UKCA-Declaration for Medical||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/ukca_declaration?id=a0Oa000000FiRstEAF|
|UKCA-Declaration for Industrial/Commercial/ITE||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|UKCA-Declaration for Household||Contact GlobTek for more information|
|Morocco SDoC Declaration||https://globtek.secure.force.com/models/Morocco_SDoC_Declaration?id=a0Oa000000FiRstEAF|
|Conflict Minerals Declaration||https://www.globtek.com/pdf/conflict-minerals.pdf|
|Technology||Regulated Switchmode AC-DC Power Supply AC Adaptor|
|Category||Medical Power Supply|
|Input Voltage Range (V)||100-240V~, 50-60 Hz|
|Max Input Current (A)||0.6A|
|Max Output Power Rating (W)||18|
|Output Voltage Range (V)||(5-48 Class I)|
* (Final ordering #/Part No to be defined)
|A) ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS:
01. Input Voltage: 100-240 Vac
02. Input Frequency: 47 - 63 Hz
03. Output Regulation: +/- 5% measured at the output connector
04. Line Voltage Regulation: +/- 1% typical measured at full load
05. Output Ripple (Vp-p): +/-1% or 150 mV whichever is greater, measured at 20 MHz bandwidth with 0.1 uf ceramic capacitor in parallel with 10 uf electrolytic capacitor connected at the end of the output connector at nominal line
06. Turn-ON/OFF Overshoot: 5% maximum, 1 mS typical recovery time for 25% to 50% step load
07. Turn-ON Delay: 3000 mS, maximum @ full load, nominal line
08. Hold-Up Time: 8 mS typical @ nominal input voltage and full load
09. Inrush Current: 30A maximum cold start @ 240Vac input
10. Switching Frequency: 65 KHz typical
11. Efficiency: Compliant with Worldwide Level V standards.
12. No Load Standby Power: <0.3 W
01. Over-Voltage: Electronically Protected Zener clamp across the output
02. Short Circuit: Electronically Protected unit will auto recover upon removal of fault
04. Input Protection: Input line and neutral fusing
01. Protection class: Factory configured and labeled as Class I Functional Earth equipment. May be used as Class II equipment by physically removing(cutting) the Functional Earth terminal from the input connector (as provisioned by CB report). May be ordered as Class II with a 2 circuit input connector and double-box marking under an alternate ordering part number.
02. Dielectric Withstand Voltage: 5656Vdc from primary to secondary
03. Earth Leakage Current: <0.25 mA at 240Vac input voltage
01. MTBF: 200,000 Hours @ 25°C ambient temperature
02. Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C ambient temperature
03. Humidity: 0% to 90% relative humidity
04. Storage Temperature: -10°C to 80°C
05. Cooling: Convection
01. Open Frame
02. Size: 84.5*41.5*21.6 mm +/-1.0 mm (3.3*1.6*0.9 inches)
03. Markings: Label
|Individual Box/Gift Box Size (mm)||30*45*90|
|Individual Box/Gift Box Color||White|
|Master Carton Size (mm)||288 x 260 x 170|
|Gross Weight (kg)||15.2|
|Label Width (mm)||25.4|
|Label Height (mm)||17.8|
|Description||Molex 09-65-2058 5 Position Header Pin 1: Earth, Pin 2: Removed, PIN 3: Neutral, Pin 4: removed, Pin 5: LineDocument: http://www.molex.com/pdm_docs/sd/009652058_sd.pdf|
Catalog Page: http://www.molex.com/molex/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/0009652058_PCB_HEADERS.xml
|Popular Products (Stock items)|
An IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade rated power supply AC adapter converts input line voltage from the wall to a lower voltage, typically DC, which is used to operate and end use piece of medical equipment. IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade power supply AC adapters are typically housed in a plastic enclosure and are available with both 2 and 3 prong input options. power supplies are also available as open frame for use inside of medical equipment. These AC to DC converters are designed in accordance with international medical standards and provide for compliance with certain aspects of them which differs from generic information and communication technology equipment power supplies.
Why is my medical grade IEC 60601-1 power supply certified to IEC 60601-1 3rd Edition while the latest standard is IEC 60601-1 4th Edition?
IEC 60601-1 has different sections in specifications for safety and EMI/EMC. The latest revision of the safety portion of IEC 60601-1 is 3rd Edition while for EMI/EMC the latest revision is 60601-1-2, 4th Ed.
What is the effective date of 60601-1-2, 4th Ed?
60601-1-2, 4th Ed. was effective on December 31, 2018.
What's the difference between an IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1 medical grade rated power supply?
IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1-2 power supplies are both AC to DC converters and may be either internal or external but are designed to different specifications to match the end system specifications. While the basic performance behaviors are similar such as input and output voltages and mechanical configurations, there are many differences as well. Some of the key differences are that medical IEC 60601 medical grade AC to DC adapters are able to withstand a higher dielectric withstand voltage and must have lower leakage current. There are many other differences and also considerations to consider depending on the end use application.
What MOOP and MOPP?
Medical devices must incorporate one or more Means of Protection (MOPs) to isolate patients and operators from the risks of electrocution. A Means of Protection (MOPs) can be safety insulation, a protective earth, a defined creepage distance, or an air gap or other protective impedance. These can be used in various combinations. IEC 60601-1 3rd edition differentiates between the risk to patients and the risk to operators. A MOP can therefore be classified as Means of Patient Protection (MOPP) or a Means of Operator Protection (MOOP). The main difference between one MOOP and one MOPP is primarily one of permissible creepage distance. Both requirements are satisfied using Basic insulation. To achieve 2 x MOPP qualification the isolation test is particularly demanding at 4000 Vac and the creepage distance of 8mm is twice that required for one MOPP.
What is a BF and CF rated an IEC 60601-1-2 medical grade rated power supply AC adapter and what is the difference?
Medical grade power supplies and AC to DC adapters are categorized into one of three applied parts types: body type (B), body floating type (BF), and cardiac floating type (CF). These applied parts require specific attributes such as isolation voltage, creepage and leakage current. Floating refers to an ungrounded power supply, Class II, that is not referenced to another output and is fully isolated. Type B refers to devices that operate within the patient's vicinity, as described in IEC 60601-1 as six feet around a patient's chair or bed and do not touch the patient electronically and are grounded. These devices include operating room lighting, hospital carts and beds, automated dispensers of medication and supplies, and diagnostic equipment like x-ray machines. Type BF devices deliver electrical energy signals to or from the patient such as electrosurgical devices, endoscopes, and electrical vital sign monitors like thermometers. Type CF devices are similar to BF, except they supply power to devices connected to the heart, such as a defibrillator, external pacemaker or intracardiac ECG electrodes and Type CF requires a higher degree of protection against electrical shock than BF types.
What is an open frame or internal AC-DC Power supply?
Open frame AC-DC power supplies are also known as AC-DC converters and are a type of internal power supply. The open frame AC to DC power supply is built into the inside of a system and used to convert the AC current into DC voltage.
How Does an AC-DC Adapter Work?
The AC to DC adapter or external power supply consists of a power supply which is enclosed in a housing similar to an AC plug, hence the term plug type, wall plug in, plug-in or plugtop power adapter. The power supply is plugged into the mains socket and the AC Voltage is then converted by the AC to DC adapter power supply into a DC voltage that is fed into the appliance via the output cable connection.