Beginning May 1st, 2012, all lithium-ion batteries, including those intended to be used in Medical products must be tested and certified to IEC 62133, with the exception of those contained in information technology equipment (IEC 60950-1) and audio/video (IEC 60065) products.
IEC 62133:2012 specifies requirements and tests for the safe operation of portable sealed secondary cells and batteries (other than button) containing alkaline or other non-acid electrolyte, under intended use and reasonably foreseeable misuse.
Portable battery IEC 61233 – Medical Devices, Power Tools, Household Applications and others (except Telecom, Audio/Video and ICT products – TC108 is expected to adopt IEC 62133 by 2013): cells must be certified to IEC 62133 in order to certify the battery. Because battery packs do not have a 'delta' test, they will need evaluation with a CB report.
After many modifications, IEC issued the second version, which is closest to the formal version of IEC 62133 – 21A/481/CDV at the end of 2010. Comparing IEC 62133 second version (draft) with the IEC 62133 first version, the following improvements can be highlighted:
- Clearer classification on tests in the nickel and lithium systems.
- More detailed clarification on the number of samples and sample pretreatment.
- Additional advice on design of lithium batteries.
- Promotes requirements for transportation safety of lithium battery.
- Compulsory internal short circuit test is added for assessment of internal design.
BL1200P4054481S1PCAX’s common specs include:
- Rated Capacity1200mAh Minimum
- Nominal Voltage3.7Volts
- Watt-Hour Rating 4.44Watt Hour
- Cell BrandGlobTek
- Cell Size 54x48.5x4.1 mm
- Cell Configuration1S1P
- Thermistor (NTC) Inside Pack10K
- Maximum Discharge Current 1.2A
- Minimum Discharge Voltage2.4Volts
- Internal Impedance ≤ 180 milli Ohms
- Protection ModuleBult-in inside the battery pack
- Pack IDNone
- Fuel Gauge IC Used N/A
- Fuel Gauge Data Access Method N/A
- Charger CircuitN/A
- Charging MethodConstant Current and Constant Voltage
- Charge Termination MethodMinimum Charge Current and Safety Timer as back-up
- Charger Input Voltage5.25Volts
- Charger Input Current2.35A MAX
- Charging RateTBA
- Charging Time (Approximate) 4Hours
- Charging Time at Max 1.0C Rate Approx. 2.5 Hr
- Max. Charging Voltage4.2plus/minus 2%
- Overcharge Voltage4.3
- Overdischarge Voltage2.75
- OvertemperatureOvertemperature circuit built-in inside the protection module
- Ambient Temperature During Charging 0°C to +45°C
- Ambient Temperature During Discharging -20°C to +55°C
- Storage Temperature and Charge Retention1 Year at -20C to +20C; >80%
- 3 Months at -20C to +45C; >80%
- 1 Month at -20C to +60C; >80%
- Humidity65 +/- 20% Relative Humidity
- Cells Approved ToDesigned to meet UL 1642
- Pack Approved ToDesigned to meet UL 2054, IEC 62133
- ROHSComplies with EU 2002/95/EC and China SJ/T 11363-2006
- TransportationDesigned to meet UN 38.3
MECHANICAL: WRAP NONE. SIZE: 53*48*4 mm
CONNECTOR: Strip and tin
Power quality has emerged as a much discussed topic within the last ten years and is anticipated to remain a critical factor as more applications become microprocessor-based. With increased dependency upon electronics, the need and requirement for power quality is not expected to cease.
A leader in the design, integration, and manufacture of custom battery packs and battery chargers, GlobTek provides a wide range of packs including variety of chemistries and cells, such as UL1642-approved Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) and Lithium Polymer (Li-Po) Cells. By integrating a UL1642 approved cell into a battery pack, further compliance with UL2054, IEC 62133, IEC 61982 and most other standards is a superior choice to using a non-Approved cell. GlobTek uses a host of quality manufacturer’s cells in battery pack design and production, depending on customer requirements.
Customers can rely on GlobTek to design safe and reliable custom battery packs from simple sealed lead-acid batteries to complex lithium ion packs including electronic safety, monitoring, and charge control circuitry. Our extensive experience in power supply products, plastic housings, interconnects, and electronic circuitry gives us a tremendous competitive advantage over battery assemblers who outsource many of the key processes required to build a state-of-the-art portable power source.
GlobTek’s ability to match our custom battery packs to a custom battery charger designed for each specific application also keeps our customers a step ahead of the competition. We design and optimize both battery pack and battery charger during the design phase to provide the best possible performance.
Battery packs can be assembled from cells made by internationally recognized brands or from lower cost, lesser known Chinese manufacturers based on customer requirements and application demands. Common Standard and Optional Features for Other GlobTek’s Battery Packs Include:
- High operating voltage
- Curved / Flexible
- Similar in all other ways to standard lithium polymer cells
- High energy density
- Customizable connection & housing
- Customizable monitoring (fuel gauge, LED, etc).
- Customizable protection / safety circuitry
- Constant Current (CC) and / or Constant Voltage (CV) Charging Method
- Overcharge / Overdischarge Detection and Cut-off
- Overcurrent Detection
- Multitude of Latest Chemistries
GlobTek Wall plug in AC Adapters are commonly used as power sources for intelligent battery charging solutions. Charging, monitoring and protection circuitry is optimized to work with GlobTek’s extensive family of multi-chemistry chargers, but can be modified to customers’ requirements. Constant Current output is available upon request.
Multitude of charging cradles and bays are available or can be designed to clients’ specifications.
The battery pack can be supplied with customer designated output connectors, many of which are stocked at GlobTek New Jersey USA, Münster Germany, and Suzhou China locations Made in USA or Made in China options available. Local China to China delivery is available upon request.