GT-83083-USB-W2E Model is addition to GlobTek’s Level VI compliant GT-83083 family and represents GlobTek’s 5 Watt wall plug-in series of AC/DC adapters (power supplies & chargers) with fixed blades and integral USB Jack. These converters are introduced well ahead of February 10, 2016 compliance requirement for External Power Supplies (EPS) to meet Level VI Standards which include more stringent efficiency demands than current Level V. Along with tightened regulations for existing adapters, the new standard expands the range of products that fall under Level VI. Compared to Level V requirements, regulated products will now include multiple output as well, as > 250 watts external power supplies. In addition to mandated government regulations, GlobTek is now starting to develop “greener” power supplies by increasing efficiencies and pushing the implementation of control technologies that in some cases eliminate no-load power consumption altogether. GT-83083 family of Level VI compliant adapters are designed to keep OEMs one step ahead of the coming legislation by implementation of latest energy saving technologies into our external power supplies in order to address market demands and comply with current and future regulations.
Level VI Exemptions:The new Level VI mandate also defines exemptions for EPS products. The direct operation EPS standards do not apply if:
- It is a device that requires Federal Food and Drug Administration listing and approval as a medical device in accordance with section 360c of title 21;
- A direct operation, ac-dc external power supply with nameplate output voltage less than 3 volts and a nameplate output current greater than or equal to 1,000 milliamps that charges the battery of a product that is fully or primarily motor operated.
Description / Features:GlobTek’s GT-83083 series of enclosed power supplies are housed in Impact resistant non-vented Polycarbonate Thermal Conduction-Cooled Cases and feature regulated outputs with very low ripple, built-in overcurrent, short circuit, overvoltage and thermal protection, as well as low leakage, low ripple, and high efficiency.
- Input Voltage: Specified 90-264 Vac, Nameplate rated: 100-240Vac
- Input Frequency: Specified 47-63 Hz, Nameplate rated 50-60Hz
- Line Voltage Regulation: ±5%
- Load regulation: ±5%
- Ripple and Noise:300mVp-p maximum, At 20 MHz, and output parallel with 0.1uF & 10uF capacitors to ground Temperature at 25 ‘C, and nominal AC input voltage
- Turn-ON Delay: 3 Second Max
- Inrush Current: at full load, 25°C, cold start
- Switching Frequency: 100 KHz typical, varies with line and load
- Efficiency: 73.77% minimum at nominal input voltage average, Efficiency meet CEC Ⅴ, ERP：2009/125/EC
- Over-current protection: 1.5A maximum with auto-recovery function
- Over-voltage protection: 10VDC maximum with zener clamp
- Short-circuit protection: The adapter shall not be damaged by short the DC output to Ground.
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C ambient temperature
- Operating Humidity: 20 ~ 85 % RH. non-condensing
Certifications / Safety:
- MTBF: 200,000 Hours @ 25°C ambient temperature
- RoHS 2: Complies with EU 2011/65/EU China SJ/T 11364-2014
- Dielectric Withstand Voltage: Primary To Secondary: 3000VAC 10mA 1minute or 4242VDC 10mA 1minute
- Leakage Current: 20uA maximum, at nominal AC input voltage and frequency
- UL60950-1, cULus to UL 60950-1 E170507
- CE Mark: tested to comply with EN55022:2006/A1:2007 Class B, EN610003-2, EN610003-3 including EN61000-4-2, EN61000-4-3, EN61000-4-4, EN61000-4-5, EN61000-4-6N EN61000-4-11
- EMI: Complies with EN55011 CLASS B and FCC Part 15B - On label or Molded in case
- Double Insulation
- JAPAN PSE CQC Globtek Inc to J60950 AND J5502
- Japan: Voluntary Control Council for Interference (VCCI)
- WEEE: Complies with EU 2012/19/EU