GlobTek’s Level VI Compliant Medical and ITE Power Supply / Charger Offers Interchangeable International Blades and Outputs of 5 – 24Vo!
GT-43086-WWVV-X.X-Q Model is addition to GlobTek’s Level VI compliant GT-43086 family and represents GlobTek’s 6 Watt wall plug-in series of AC/DC adapters (power supplies & chargers) with International Interchangeable blades. GlobTek’s changeable input blade system with individual field replaceable input plugs, including: North America / Japan NEMA 1-15P, Australian, UK BS 1363, European CEE 7/16 configuration, Korean KS C8305, Argentina IRAM 2073, China GB, India IS 1923 6A/SANS 164-3/BS546, IEC320/C18 Inlet, Brazilian NBR6147, S. African SANS 164-1 and British Standard BS 546-15A configurations and Global Regulatory & Safety Approvals and Certifications.These Level VI converters are introduced well ahead of February 10, 2016 compliance requirement for External Power Supplies (EPS) to meet Level VI Standards which include more stringent efficiency demands than current Level V. Along with tightened regulations for existing adapters, the new standard expands the range of products that fall under Level VI. Compared to Level V requirements, regulated products will now include multiple output as well, as > 250 watts external power supplies.
In addition to mandated government regulations, GlobTek is now starting to develop “greener” power supplies by increasing efficiencies and pushing the implementation of control technologies that in some cases eliminate no-load power consumption altogether. GT-43086 family of Level VI compliant adapters are designed to keep OEMs one step ahead of the coming legislation by implementation of latest energy saving technologies into our external power supplies in order to address market demands and comply with current and future regulations.
Level VI Exemptions:
The new Level VI mandate also defines exemptions for EPS products. The direct operation EPS standards do not apply if:
- It is a device that requires Federal Food and Drug Administration listing and approval as a medical device in accordance with section 360c of title 21;
- A direct operation, ac-dc external power supply with nameplate output voltage less than 3 volts and a nameplate output current greater than or equal to 1,000 milliamps that charges the battery of a product that is fully or primarily motor operated.
Description / Features:
GlobTek’s GT-43086 series of enclosed power supplies are housed in Impact resistant non-vented Polycarbonate Thermal Conduction-Cooled Cases and feature regulated outputs with very low ripple, built-in overcurrent, short circuit, overvoltage and thermal protection, as well as low leakage, low ripple, and high efficiency.
- Input Voltage: Specified 90-264 Vac, Nameplate rated 100-240 Vac
- Input Frequency: Specified 47-63 Hz, Nameplate rated 50-60 Hz
- Output Power (Rated): 6 Watts maximum
- Output Voltage: 5 to 6Vo with 0.1V increments
- Output Regulation: +/- 5% measured at the output connector
- Line Voltage Regulation: +/- 1% typical measured at the output connector
- Output Ripple (Vp-p): +/-1% or 150 mV whichever is greater at nominal output voltage. Measured at 20 MHz bandwidth with 0.1 uf ceramic capacitor in parallel with 10 uf electrolytic capacitor connected at the end of the output connector.
- Turn-On/Turn-Off Overshoot: 5% maximum, 500 us maximum recovery time for 25% step load.
- Turn-On Delay: 1 Second Typical
- Hold-Up Time: 8mSec maximum at nominal input and full load.
- Inrush Current: 30A typical @ 115Vac input ; 60A typical @ 230Vac input
- Switching Frequency: 65 KHz typical
- Over-Voltage: Protected with Zener clamp across the output
- Short Circuit: Electronically Protected, unit will recover upon removal of fault
- Input Protection: Input line fusing
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C ambient temperature
- Humidity: 0% to 90% relative humidity
- Storage Temperature: -10°C to 80°C
- Housing: High impact plastic, 94V0 polycarbonate, non-vented
- Size: 40.5 x 62.0 x 31.5 +/-1.0 mm
Certifications / Approvals / Safety Compliance:
- MTBF: 200,000 Hours @ 25°C ambient temperature
- RoHS 2: Complies with EU 2011/65/EU China SJ/T 11364-2014
- Dielectric Withstand Voltage: 4242Vdc from primary to secondary
- CB Certificate IEC 60950-1:2005 2nd Edition + A1:2009 +A2:2013 Report to EN 60950-1:2006 +A11:2009 +A1:2010 + A12:2011 +A2:2013
- CCC to GB4943.1-2011, Tropical <2000
- CE Mark: tested to comply with EN55022:2006/A1:2007 Class B, EN610003-2, EN610003-3 including EN61000-4-2, EN61000-4-3, EN61000-4-4, EN61000-4-5, EN61000-4-6N EN61000-4-11; EMI: Complies with EN55011 CLASS B and FCC Part 15B - On label or Molded in case
- CHINA SJ/T 11363-2006,
- UL60950-1, cULus to UL 60950-1 1st Edition, 2007-10-31 and CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1-03, 1st Edition, 2006-07
- FCC PART 15 CLASS B
- GOST-R mark for Russia
- IP52 Ingress Protection: IP52 to IEC60529:2001 Protected against dust - limited ingress (no harmful deposit) and Protected against direct sprays up to 15 degrees from the vertical (with R-Blades)
- Efficiency: complies to section 301 of Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) complies with Energy Star tier 2 (North America), ECP tier 2 (China), MEPS tier 2 (Australia), Code of Conduct (Europe)
- NEMKO EN60950-1:2006, A11, A1, A12
- JAPAN PSE CQC Globtek Inc to J60950 AND J55022.
- Ukraine UKRSepro
- Japan: Voluntary Control Council for Interference (VCCI)
- WEEE: Complies with EU 2012/19/EU
Our certification is accepted by the OSHA Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) Program which is required for demonstrating compliance to UL standards for switching power supplies.
Bespoke, customized enclosure colors, output connectors, housing designs, output cord types and lengths, customized packaging, including open frame or ruggedized to various degrees of Ingress Protection. Test reports and certifications as well, as variety of other customizations or options is available upon request.
These products can be supplied with customer designated output plugs, many of which are stocked at GlobTek New Jersey USA, Münster Germany, and Suzhou China locations.
Made in USA or Made in China options available. Local China to China delivery is available upon request.
Industry – Leading 5 year warranty on all products, excluding battery cells!
This family of Industry’s high density wall plug-in AC-DC charging converters is suitable for most applications requiring DC power which include industrial, marine, consumer or optional medical devices, portable medical treatment and monitoring equipment & instruments, hospital equipment and fixtures, Lighting and Support Equipment, low power appliances or consumer products, VOIP phones and telecom equipment and are a perfect power source for rapid Li-Ion and other emerging chemistries battery charging.
GlobTek is a power systems solutions provider with design and manufacturing facilities in the USA and China with sales offices in Germany, France, and the UK. Offering a line of power supplies, energy systems, PoEs, LED drivers, power cords, battery packs and many other power-related products and services for applications from gym equipment to medical systems, GlobTek can also develop and create custom power solutions for just about any requirement. As an ISO-13485 certified manufacturer of medical devices, GlobTek specializes in World-Wide safety compliant and ruggedized standard, modified and custom devices at an unbeatable cost vs. quality ratio!
GlobTek’s Headquarters including R&D, Engineering, Warehousing, Sales & Marketing, Testing and Assembly is located at 186 Veterans Drive, Northvale NJ 07647. For more information call 201-784-1000 or visit GlobTek online at www.globtek.com
50W External Class 2 UL 1310 Certified power supply meets requirements to be used in Plenum, Model GT-2S5024D-R
GlobTek’s model GT-2S5024D-R has been specifically designed for us and is Suitable for use in environmental air space in accordance with Section 300.22.C of the National Electrical Code, and Sections 2-128, 12-010(3) and 12-100 of the Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1, C22.1.
A plenum is considered to be an area that has not specifically been fabricated for air handling purposes, such as a duct, but does in fact handle or convey environmental air. The most common type of plenum is the area above a suspended grid-type ceiling when designed so that return air is pulled through the above-ceiling space and recirculated into the supply air system.